Sunday, August 15, 2010

Romans - For my 40th year

I am turning 40 on this upcoming January 6.  I was trying to think of something I could start and end during this 40th year that would be significant and yet doable and encouraging.  I feel led to go through each of John Piper’s sermons on the book of Romans, 244 sermons in a year. But I still have five months left before I turn 40, and I thought, why wait? So, I am going to give it a shot, starting now.… 244 sermons in approximately 500 days.  Each sermon, every few days, I’ll give a short snap shot of what I am learning with a quote from Dr. Piper from the sermon. The beauty of this is that he has it in both manuscript as well as audio, so I will be taking advantage of each.  Rather than give the link to each sermon each day, I will be just giving the link of the sidebar that will take you to every sermon on Romans.  I am looking forward to this new challenge/goal. And just as the the book of Romans is more about God than Paul (see Romans 1:1), this goal isn’t about me.  The whole sermon a day idea was merely an accountable tool to get me learning and growing in God’s word.

 

See ya on the other side and hopefully throughout it as well.

 

 

Steve Allen

ACTION Zambia

www.aliveinafrica.com

 

 

No comments: